Who Are Burtons Biscuits?
We are the home of Jammie Dodgers, Paterson Shortbread, Maryland Cookies and Wagon Wheels to name just a few! We are incredibly lucky to work in the world of making delicious biscuits!
‘We are a more successful and fun place to work when people feel free to be themselves’.
At Burton’s we believe in the power of being authentic, being entrepreneurial and being supportive to each other to meet our common goals…oh and did we mention having fun?!
Understanding our customers is crucial to our success, so having a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers is vital.
As a business we are committed to the continuous improvement of diversity and equality in the workplace and we welcome talented individuals from all backgrounds who share our Pride and Passion for Baking Great Biscuits and snacks.
Along with having amazing brands, we have secured long term agreements to allow us to manufacture a number of sweet & savoury snacks across Mars, Cathedral City & Marmite branded products. We also have several key strategic partnerships within the Retailer Private Label sector and our proud of the amazing biscuits we bake for our customers and consumers.
Within our Burton’s group, we have 6 bakery sites across the UK, located in Blackpool, Livingston, Edinburgh, Dorset, Isle of Arran and Llantarnam, with our head office in St Albans. In total we employ circa 2,100 people around across our locations.
Burton’s Biscuits is owned by Ferrero and we are proud to be part of such a fantastic and successful business. The Ferrero Group operates in more than 50 Countries and their products are sold in over 170 Countries. We are delighted to be part of the Ferrero group which represents over 37,000 employees across the world and has a consolidated turnover of €12.3 billion (2020).
What are we all about?
Here at Burton’s Biscuit we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. Our goal is to support our team in achieving their career goals. We do this by providing a working environment that offers opportunity, support, scope and pace of change. Our culture is the foundation of our business. We are fast paced, agile and fun.
What does your typical day look like?
To ensure that all products manufactured are safe and legal and meet all agreed internal and external specifications on a daily basis. This includes carrying out a number of daily, weekly and monthly inspections on both incoming goods and line operations to ensure the company is protected for due diligence.
To support the QA Manager to instil a quality culture throughout the site, supporting the operations team to help deliver the overall site objectives.
Other key actions will be but not limited to:
- To carry out all QA related tasks efficiently, and in a timely manner ensuring that products are manufactured against agreed specifications and parameters, all tasks that are allocated to that shift, must be completed on that shift.
- To develop a quality culture throughout the manufacturing site by supporting the QA and Technical manager and site team to continuously improve against standards
- To support the delivery of site technical KPIs
- To carry out a documented and effective shift handover
- 1 person from shift to attend the 8.20 morning meeting
- Attend 09:00hrs PQE meeting, log and issue minutes for prior to 10:00am
- Attend Shift PQE with production and escalate any NCR’s that occur
- Daily paperwork spot checks on line
- Daily PQE line spot checks
- To support operations in relevant corrective actions to ensure any consumer or customer dissatisfaction is addressed
- Partake in investigations alongside operations on any internal incidents that have led to, or could potentially lead to out of specification product being produced.
- When necessary raised non conformances and product recalls, communicating to all relevant parties accordingly.
- To ensure all paperwork that is completed is completed in full, at appropriate intervals and is available for audit purposes
- To maintain and update Markam smart date 5 coders
- Shadow internal audits and GMP audits
- Raise purchase orders when necessary
- Write and maintain QA procedures
- Assist when necessary in supplier meetings
- Assist when necessary in NPD trials and aid the NPD and Technical team when setting PQE attributes
- When queries are raised by operations, attend the line and investigate accordingly.(product & Packaging)
- Send out weekly and monthly summaries on key QA tasks
- Maintain the reel room rejects reporting back to the Raw Materials Technologist
- Durability assessment – weekly check to ensure that all products used on site are within their allocated date and raise NCR’s as required
What are the key ingredients needed for the role?
- Accountability for ensuring all independent CCP checks are functioning correctly and raise to the appropriate managerial level if NCR’s are found
- Accountability for all routine QA tasks on daily, weekly, monthly basis
- Carry out all specified procedures in line with QA WI and procedures file (see attached lists – these are examples and may change due to business needs)
Essential Skills, Training and Qualifications:
Good Computer Skills – able to use pivot tables / excel / word, download photos into documents, powerpoint
Food Safety Level 3
HACCP level 2
Ecolab Pest Awareness training
Holchem Chemcial Handling training
A3 problem solving training
If you are ready to begin a career with real bite, we would love to hear from you so apply now by clicking the link below.